While adequate alarm and CCTV systems are important to protect your business, nowadays it is also very important to have computer security in check.
Here are some building security tips:
- Ensure your Alarm System, CCTV and security equipment are serviced regularly
- Have an emergency plan should a robbery occur outlining what to do in case of such emergency. This emergency plan should have contact numbers for police and emergency services.
- Ensure there is someone at reception at all times
- Have a sign in and sign out system for visitors
- Ensure visitors are accompanied by a trusted employee at all times
- Make sure all doors, windows and storage areas have their own locks
- Gives keys to only essential personnel
- Limit the number of people who have access to alarm codes etc.
- Adequate lighting on the interior and exterior of your building
- Shred documents frequently
- Request your employees leave their place of work listing on their social media profile blank.
Computer Security Tips:
- Regularly change passwords
- Designate user names for each individual user
- Then limit access levels depending on user
- Lock computer when unattended
- Back up data regularly
- Conduct a security audit
- Implement security policies
- Protect your Mobile Work force - this is just as important