With Christmas comes an influx of valuables in the house, and with this comes an increase in interest to thieves. Here are some tips to ensure Home Safety over Christmas.
- Secure Festive Lighting - Do not feed extensions leads through partially open windows. This leaves your house vulnerable to thieves. Opt for solar/battery operated lighting. Another option is to install outdoor electrical outlets.
- Deter Criminals - Deterring criminals is a great step in home safety over Christmas, motion sensor lights are a great way to do this.
- Give your Security Equipment a once over, make sure your intruder alarm, lock etc are working correctly.
- Be Social Media Smart - Do not advertise via social media that you are away this Christmas or tell people what Santa has gotten you. This is hugely tempting for burglars.
- Going away this Christmas? Ask a neighbour to turn on your lights once it gets dark, park in your driveway when they can and take in post.
- Monitored Alarm System - a great added layer of security, very easy and cost effective to set up. Something you should really consider all year round not just at Christmas.
- Keep your curtains/drapes/windows closed at night, keeping valuables out of sight.
- Don't be tempted to store presents in garden shed or boot of car. Keep them safe inside the house.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.