It is time to get SMART with your Electricity Bill!
Here are some of our top tips to reduce the cost of your electricity bill straight away:
- Use your dishwasher - Did you know your dishwasher uses half the energy and gallons less water than washing your dishes by hand?
- Make sure your immersion is properly insulated to reduce the amount of heat loss.
- This may seem obvious but it's frequently over looked - turn off your lights when they are not being used.
- When charging devices like phones and laptops, make sure that once they are fully charged they are unplugged. Do not leave devices plugged in indefinitely - this is not good for your devices and also for your electricity bill.
- Close internal doors to keep heat in - this is also a fire safety tip!
- Select a lower temperature setting when using your washing machine.
- Air-dry clothes as much as you can.
- Get LED Lights fitted, these are a low energy light bulb and can save a great deal throughout the year - if you are unsure of which bulbs to use do not hesitate to contact us.
- Turn off Standby - do not leave appliances in standby mode, turn them off when not in use.
- Upgrade your electrical appliances to a higher energy efficiency - this will greatly reduce your electrical bill.
- Ensure your house is well insulated and fully sealed.