How to prepare for a Power Cut:
- Have an adequate supply of torches, candles and batteries.
- Keep a first aid kit handy.
- Have your power companies number to hand.
- Have a car charger for your mobile phone.
- Ensure you have a good supply of non-perishable foods such as; tinned foods, fruit, veg, bread and water.
- Fill up spare space in your freezer with water bottles, these will act as ice blocks and keep your freezer frozen for longer.
- Switch off your electric cooker hobs and appliances for safety.
- Leave on light on so you know when the power comes back on.
- Have a pack of cards handy.