Christmas Lights are the most commonly used Christmas Decoration every year, indoor and outdoor.
It is important to be safe when using such amount of lights as they can be a Fire Hazard. To make it nice, quick and easy for you we picked our Top 10 Tips to up your Fire Safety Game this Christmas.
- Keep them dry - this may be obvious to some but important enough to reiterate.
- Prevent tripping hazards. Tac or tape down lights correctly so there is not chance of anyone tripping over them.
- Don't over use the lights. Turn them off when not in the house or in use.
- Don't overload your outlets - ever! It's a no no.
- Don't put cords through doors/windows. Use sockets that are in the room.
- Only use with a reputable safety standard - make sure and check the packaging for such standards.
- Use outdoor lights - outdoors and Indoor lights - indoors. Never ever use indoor lights outside as they are not weather proof.
- Opt For Cooler-burning Light as opposed to the traditional bulbs
- Inspect each set of lights to ensure all bulbs are working and are safe to use.
- Do not let children or animals play with lights or sockets.