Candle Safety applies all year round, but they are ever so popular around the Festive Season; here are some tips to help ensure Candle Safety this Christmas in your home.
- Never burn candles close to anything that can catch fire, this include Christmas Trees and Christmas Garlands.
- Always keep a burning candle within your sight, do not light a candle in a room and then leave that room.
- If lighting candles downstairs, extinguish them before going upstairs.
- Keep all lit and burning candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Trim the candle wick 1/4 an inch before burning.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, open doors, fans and or air currents.
- Make sure that all burning candles are in appropriate heat resistant holders and on a heat resistant surface.
- Never move a burning candle while it is lighting.
- Extinguish all candles before going asleep.
- Do not place tinsel around candles, tinsel is extremely flammable.
Written by admin