With the weather picking up outside, trees falling and wheelie bins having their yearly outing, here at Smart Control Systems we have put together a simple and convenient check-list to make sure should the worst come to the worst - that you are prepared.
- Move your car away from trees and park it somewhere safer.
- Take in un-necessary items from your garden. If you cannot take them inside, make sure they are secured and will not blow away.
- Take in or secure wheelie bins, if leaving the wheelie bin outside, secure the lid of it or make sure it is empty.
- Bring your pets inside.
- Ensure you have some torches and batteries ready.
- Stock up on some non-perishable foods and water.
- Make sure you have blankets and warm clothes accessible.
- Have a first aid kit handy.
- Have electronics fully charged and/or ensure you have a car charger for your mobile.
- Have some cash on hand.
- Last but definitely not least - have a pack of cards at the ready.